A good steam cleaner and microfiber cloth are the only tools you need to give your bathroom a deep clean. Avoid using chemicals and sanitizers that can harm your skin and lead to long term health issues. By switching to a steam cleaner and ditching the chemicals, the work load is reduced and the bathroom becomes a safer place for the rest of the family.
One of the major misconceptions out there is that a smaller handheld steam cleaner like the PurSteam or the Bissell Steam Shot are going to be powerful and reliable enough to handle cleaning an entire bathroom. That is simply not true. Sure, you can use them to clean specific spots like corners in your shower where mold tends to accumulated. You can even use it to clean faucets and toilets.
But if you are expecting to use it to clean an entire tile shower or the whole floor, these smaller handheld steam cleaners are not going to be powerful enough or last long enough for them to be worth your time. And forget about the kind of sanitization you would like to have in your bathroom. Smaller handheld units can sanitize clothing and small areas, but the deep sanitization needed to handle bathroom areas.
Instead, it’s better to save yourself the disappointment and invest in a more powerful steamer like the McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner with 18 Accessories. Here are some of the highlights of this powerful midrange steam cleaner:
- Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and customer service
- 43 psi. Steam; Rate – 33-37 g/min.
- Naturally deep clean and sanitize without the use of harsh chemicals
- 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes
- Lasts 45 minutes
- Includes a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- Extra-long 15.7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose
If you are looking for a smaller handheld steam cleaner then check out our list of the best handheld steam cleaners.
What Is The Best Handheld Steam Cleaner For Grout Specifically?
The problem with tile is that sometimes during cleaning, pieces of grout get dislodged and break away from the tiles the grout is holding in place. This happens sometimes in older bathrooms where the grout has cracked or loosened over the years. It is also just hard to properly clean grout because it has very small crevices that trap dirt and bacteria.
There are upsides and downsides to both smaller handheld steam cleaners and larger powerful steam cleaners with a hose attachment. Smaller handheld steam cleaners deliver focussed steam jets for deep cleaning, but that force can also dislodge grout from around tiles.
The same thing can happen with larger powerful steam cleaners but the difference is longevity. Smaller steam cleaners can’t handle entire floors and tile walls in one go, and they can’t deliver the deep clean that large steam cleaners specialize in.
That being said, if you are going to go with a truly handheld steam cleaner for bathroom tiles and grout care, your best option is the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional S3601 Steam Handheld Garment Steamer. It is a combination steam mop and handheld steam cleaner so that you can both steam smaller sections with the handheld steamer and then use the mop to tackle floors.
What Is The Best Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bathrooms?
The Bissell Steam Shot Hard-Surface Cleaner is not our top choice for bathrooms because it is not as powerful or versatile as the other steam cleaners on this list, but it definitely the most popular steam cleaner for bathrooms across the internet.
The main reason that the steam shot is so popular has to do with the fact that it is just powerful enough to handle short sections of tile, all of the faucets, shower rod, and other metal elements of the bathroom. You can even steam clean your tooth brush with it and get all of the gunk out of it.
That is usually enough power for most people. If you are looking for a quick and easy cleaning solution to a few small gunky spots in your bathroom and you don’t want to use chemicals, then the Steam Shot will be very good for your purposes. But if you are expecting to clean your entire bathroom, including the entire bathtub, floor and the rest of the house – think again!
- Powerful high-pressure steam cleaner with easy-to-press trigger
- Completely chemical-free with no harmful fumes or residue
- 1000-watt power rating, power cord length is 20 feet
- Includes accessory nozzle, extension hose, flat scraping tool, grout brush, fabric steamer, window squeegee, angle concentrator, and detail brush
- Tank Capacity: 6.6 ounce. Heater Warm-Up Time: 30 seconds. Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional S3601 Steam Handheld Garment Steamer Carpet Window Cleaner
The LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional S3601 Steam Handheld Garment Steamer is the best deal on the market right now. Not only is this steam cleaner our choice for the best handheld steam cleaner overall, but it is one of the most heavily reviewed steam cleaners out there.
- Clean More Than Just Floors – It works well as Steam Mop, Garment Steamer, and Carpet Cleaner
- Eliminates 99.9 Percent of germs and bacteria, no harsh chemicals
- 3 modes of cleaning let you adjust the steam cleaner to the job at hand
- 11.5Oz Tank. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- 1 years manufacturer warranty
Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
The Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System is a fantastic mid-range steam cleaner with a steam gun and a floor mop steam cleaning mop head. There also many different attachments including a detail accessory nozzle and jet nozzle attachment for cleaning the grout between tiles. The steam gun also has a child safety lock to prevent injuries and keep your family safe.
The Vapamore has everything you need to clean your bathroom. Each unit comes with a jet nozzle can be attached to the steam gun to clean metal faucets, door handles and towel hooks. Then the smooth surface fabric tool can also be used as a squeegee on smooth surfaces like shower stalls, mirrors and windows.
When you are done using the Vapamore, all of the attachments can be stored away conveniently in the back storage compartment. The hose can also be easily stored away conveniently.
- All New Stronger Tools & Accessories
- Improved Larger Floor Head Design
- Cleans & Sanitizes The Entire Home Without Chemicals
- Removes Dirt, Grease, Grime & Stains
- Kills Bed Bugs, Germs, Dust Mites, Mold & Mildew
- Produces 210°- 220° Steam
- 60 Minutes Of Operation Per Tank
- Lifetime Warranty
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner with 18 Accessories
- 2-year warranty and customer service
- Steam Pressure-43 psi. Steam Rate-33-37 g/min.
- Naturally deep clean and sanitize your home using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, stains, and mold from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- The 48-ounce water tank takes 8 minutes to heat up and provides as much as 45 minutes of steam cleaning power
- 18 ACCESSORIES including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- Extra-long 15.7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose
Conclusion: So What Is The Best Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bathrooms After All?